Saturday, November 24, 2007

My sister.

The only person in my family who doesn't know about me.

I couldn't help but let out a sarcastic remark upon her bringing up the mention of her boyfriend in our family conversations again. I really don't care about his likes and dislikes. I really don't care that it'd be easier for him to eat at his favourite restaurant and see you at the same time now. I really don't care that he bought gifts for mum already although it would months till we return home for summer. Suck up.

Damn thing is I have no right to be upset over this though to me it just seems like she's gloating. But isn't that what people do when they're in love. They want to share it with the people that care. They want the world to know that they're happy and contented and I on the other hand can't do that.

Who would congratulate me upon having found someone to share my life with. Who would pat me on the shoulder and be happy for what I have. Who would have a shoulder ready for me when me and my girl are going through rough times and all I need is a little support.

No not them. Not my family. Because to them, my relationship is meaningless and my dreams of having it all are wishywashy.

But someday, I'll make u open your eyes.

I'll make you see her like I see her.

I'll make you love her like how I love her.

Someday...

4 comments:

the girl said...

all too true. my dad let it slipped, he said he's terkilan (disappointed) that i am still not married. and that despite me telling my folks that i have found somebody and we are in it for the long haul. my mum thinks its a phase, and shamelessly asked me to tackle the guys at the office in order to get married.
tiresome, sumtimes.

Key said...

i know, i only pray that eventually they'll accept us and welcome our partners into their lives. it's such a sad thing when other people don't acknowledge that what we have is real.waiting on the world to change (as quoted by john mayer) =/

the girl said...

somehow we have to find the courage in ourselves and let people know that we are not ashamed of our choices. and we are the same people they know and having partners isnt going to change who we are as a person. partners are there to complete us. only now do i appreciate the importance of coming out.

Key said...

your words are almost poetic =) beautiful way of putting it.