Monday, July 30, 2007

I'm Coming Out

Lol, just by the title you probably get the gist of it all. Since I've been back, I've been meeting up with friends, catching up on each other's life. Of course, most of the time all people love to do is hear their own voice and blow their own horns instead of asking the rest 'what's new?'. Lol. Typical. It's been so long since we've all met up and all we wanna do is "share".

Anyway, I've been cornered many times by the 'mother of all questions' which wasn't very unexpected because ever since we all hit puberty, it's that main goal everyone's reaching for.

Friend: Have you gotten yourself a boyfriend?
Me: *yawns* Nope. (the yawning is to act nonchalant or to cover up any signs written on my face)
Friend: Are you sure?? (She wiggles her eyebrows and starts poking me)
Me: *yawns again* (must try very hard to resist!) Yes, yes. I Don't Have A Boyfriend.

Which is actually very true. I'm not lying or anything. I'm just... not telling the truth. I'm fine about spilling the beans to them. I just don't like doing it when everyone's all together. I can just imagine how it'd be. All the bulging eyes, the jaw drops (for some who are That blur), the hands planted on the table so they can lean forward just to gawk at you even more ( you would think that it affected their eyesight or their hearing or something) and all of a sudden no one has any control over the volume of their voices.. yech.. just thinking about it.. hhahaha I know all this is just my imagination. Watched too much TV. But really, I rather just come out to my friends when we're one on one.

So far, I've already told a few close ones. And the main reason I let go with them is because they sort of already figured out all along. I'm glad the people I've come out to have accepted it with open arms and an open mind. And as I quote my dear friend, "It's only wrong, if you yourself think it's wrong," grinning as the said it.

Looking at the title and writing this, that Diana Ross song constantly keeps playing in my head. Guess it fits the post... =p "I'm..coming.. I'm coming.. I'm coming out.. I want the world to know.. Gotta let it show... I'm coming out...". And now it's 'Little by Little' by Oasis. Ahh... I gotta stop doing this. It's almost 3a.m here and I need sleep. Till next time.. Key.. Out.. muahahha.. Lame..

No comments: