Monday, April 30, 2007

There's no food, like Malaysian food.. Indeedy..

A phrase frequently used while i'm overseas. "There's no food, like Malaysian food". And that is indeed a true fact. Just been sent a link to a blog and 'wala' when I opened it, behold! great wonders of all that is pure and evil, this is pure evil. Images of food presented itself before me. And as i scroll down, there was more, all the way, right up till the end of the page. Ahhhhh! How can one be as cruel as to send me this, just to remind me of what I'm missing. I'm a food person, no doubt. Take after my mum, can't be helped, it's in the genes.. or the way I was brought up or something or other. I just thank the lord with all that I can eat, I don't exactly put on weight. At least not alot of it. One of my favourite motto's in life, "Live to eat, Not eat to Live". And how I'm craving for foooood right now! Seeing all those pictures... At certain times I think I could bawl like a baby just thinking bout all that I've left behind coming here.

K, I'm making it sound as though I'm never going home again, which in fact I am.. hehe.. I think I've actually accumulated a list of food that I need to eat when I go back. That's just so when i get home I don't miss anything out. Char Kuey Teow, Char Siew Bak, Char Siew Pao, Bak Kut Teh, Wan Tan Mee, Chinese Fried Rice, that srumptous Chicken Rice from the stall near my place, Duck Rice, Dim Sum, Yam Rice, Mee Hun Kuey, Pan Mee, Yong Tau Foo, Chee Cheong Fun, Clay Pot Chicken Rice, Sweet and Sour Pork, Glutinous Rice, Fried Cray Fish, Crabs cooked in any style... erm.. is this too much? I have lots more to put down but I think that's going overboard. *maintain composure*.. Been hyperventilating as I'm writing all this down, typing faster and faster with everytime I add a new dish.

These are the 3 main dishes that I'm just dying to eat right now

Char Siew Pao

the ever famous Bak Kut Teh




and my all time fav. Wan Tan Mee

I sent the link to my aunt. She's a food person as well, and as I'm asking her how she likes the blog she asked me to shush, because she wants to concentrate. *faints*. Secretly, I think she's drooling all over her keyboard. I on the other hand have self control. Better go check on her incase she bites of the monitor screen too. Aunty...... Nooo..............Bad aunty!!

p.s: I didnt intentionally steal those pics from mum-mum(another blogger). Just so happen to come across those pics as i was googling. She blogs insanely bout food thus explains why I kept stumbling upon her blog as I was finding for pictures of food.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beeeeeeeeeeeeee.. So tempting!!! I'm on a diet ler =( And I'm not going home anytime soon, can't taste it. How how =( We try cook some when I get there can ah bee =`( Sigh. And bb alwiz never put on much weight wan la XpP