Monday, April 30, 2007

Long distance relationship (LDR)

Do you know that stupid emoticon advertisement that pops up every time you visit certain sites. And there's one in particular, that yellow, rotund, ball with just hands ( no arms, just hands, wait, i think it doesn't have hands either) and it goes "I'm counting down the days, till I see you again,". Now, most of the time, when I come across that freakish smiley I would just smirk at it thinking to myself bout how corny that line is and I, myself, would never use that kind of line on anyone! But somehow, seeing as how my B is coming to see me in June, and we've been apart for like what,.... almost 8 months now, I've really been counting down the days till I see her again. (psst....46 days more.....) I for one can honestly tell you that being in a long distance relationship is not exactly a piece of cake(that's a metaphor). Not especially if you're a real hungry person(that's another metaphor with some really hidden meaning). Just craving for something for so long and not being able to have it, but when I do get it... ahhhhhhh(sound of relief, im not screaming). Lets just say when I do get it, and if it's any comparison to anything relatable to reality, I would most definitely put it all down here.

Being in a LDR does have it's pros and cons. Of course, having the distance in between the both of you is a bit of a problem. It does get lonely at times and those are the times that you either have to be there for each other, or just learn to trust. Cos honestly, when loneliness overcomes all, you never know what you might end up doing, or who you might end up doing. But there are little things that you both could do to make that feeling more bearable. Me and B constantly send SMS's to each other when we're out, asking what the other is doing, or just plain mushy messages saying how much we miss each other etc. And when we're in our respectable rooms, and by the glory of modern technology, Internet!!!(oh how i love thee!) we're constantly online, talking to one another. I even get to see her everyday through the webcam and oh how i suffer when I dont. ( I would like to take this opportunity to thank my roomate tho, for putting up with my late night chats with B, I know sometimes it bothers your sleep and I apologize completely for everytime that I do.)

Me being in this LDR, in my opinion, has really taught me alot of things and picked up certain virtues along the way. Being in a relationship is not easy. Period. I've always believed it takes work (i'm talking bout when things start to look rocky). Giving up is always the easy way out. Married couples in the olden days, never used the vocabulary divorce, or alimony, or custody or whatnots. I'm sure most of them didnt get along all the time. It's just learning to cope with each other, and putting up with their habits and just learning to avoid an argument. Everything is give and take in life, and as long as you learn how to handle that, it is in my believe that everything would go smoothly. That's why most of the time I have faith, and the belief that B and I would make it despite everything that's against us. I have no worries bout us and I hope you don't too and no matter what B, we'll work it out and talk it over. Mwahx.

K, I've officially bored myself at this point, just talking bout this. I can't stick on to a topic for too long for my mind gets off track quite easily. I think that's why i can never give a speech. Also partly because I have stage fright and my feet gets numb. I would like to say though that going upstage at least gives me a valid reason to picture everyone in their undies without feeling perverted. Hehe. Whoever came up with that theory is though. Unless his/her intentions were for humour purposes. Now that, I don't get...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Baby I didn't know you counted the days =) *kisses for syg. I mish mish bb. Preparing myself to see syg d. Hehehe. We'll make it through i know. I love you darling.

p.s. i didn't get the last part. explain =\